The BACA Boss
Upgradable High Performance 5 Axis CNC Cutting Solution
BACA Boss Saw is designed to be the foundation of your sawing operation, providing capability to perform a full complement of cuts to allow sinks, arcs, and faucet holes to be processed during the sawing operation.
BACA Boss adds flexibility to cut slabs faster while maximizing yield
Fabricators that move up from a manual saw to a BACA Boss can instantly reduce sawing time and increase profitability.
BACA Boss Features
Ball Screw Assembly
- X, Y, and Z axes are driven by a ball screw assembly with a rotating nut provides a fast and reliable drive system that is a zero backlash and high stiffness construction
- The bridge and carriage traverse on precision ground profiled linear rails supported by sealed ball bearing blocks which provides high accuracy motion and rigidity during cutting
Large Cutting Table
- The cutting table includes a large working area measuring 78” x 138” to allow cutting of large granite slabs and quartz.
- The cutting table is capable of tilting upward to angle of 85 degrees, making it easy for an operator to load slabs onto the saw.
- The surface of the table is covered with rubber to help keep material in position during the cutting process.
- The saw blade can be tilted from a 0-degree vertical position to a 90-degree horizontal position, allowing miter cuts to be easily performed. This is ideal for processing quartz and ultra-compact slabs, as well as cutting square corner sink openings
- The saw motor includes the ability to cut with a ½” GAS bit, allowing arcs and sink openings to be processed.
- A core bit can be used to allow faucet holes to be easily cut in the sawing station.
- A 1” diameter water line supplies cooling water to improve cutter life and provide faster cut speeds.
Blade Measurement Sensor
- Includes a blade measurement sensor for automatic compensation of the cut position as the blade wears. This eliminates the need for the operator to manually adjust machine parameters to correct for blade wear.
Vacuum Lift Capabilities
- The optional vacuum lift is capable of moving pieces up to 440 lbs. This allows slab yield to be optimized by moving a piece in areas where a cut would damage an adjacent piece